IT'S TIME TO READ YOUR SESSION GUIDE!
Please take a few minutes to thoroughly read and understand the session guide. If you have any questions, let me know otherwise I'll see you at your session!
PREPPING YOUR BABY
- Please avoid having any diaper ointment showing on baby’s skin. If you are using it regularly, please be sure to clean any off prior to your session.
- Please remove all band-aids from your baby prior to your session.
- The morning of your session, dress baby in a loose outfit that zips or snaps up the front with a loose diaper and no tight socks.
- Even if your baby doesn’t typically use a pacifier, I ask that you bring one as they serve as a wonderful distraction for the baby during the session. They are incredibly helpful in keeping your little one happy when moving from pose to pose. Please bring a SOFT pacifier, such as the Soothie brand (without the stuffed animal attached). Pacifiers with a hard outer shell leave marks on the baby’s face.
WHAT TO WEAR | MOMS AND DADS
- We want all of the focus of the image to be on the connection you share with your baby, rather than the clothing. Therefore, I suggest a simple black, white or grey tank top for mom and a matching plain tee for dad with jeans. Mom/dad and baby shots are close up so most of what you wear will not be shown.
- Moms, keep make-up looking at natural as possible. Avoid using too much hairspray; soft hair photographs best with newborns. Be sure to take nail polish off, or paint your nails with a very neutral color. Avoid long earrings or necklaces. We want all the focus to be on you and your baby!
- Dads, if you’re wearing a new tee shirt be sure to iron out the sleeve crease in advance. Other than that, just relax. It will be over before you know it.
- Bring a change of clothes…you may be holding a naked baby. You get the idea. Accidents happen!
DURING THE SESSION
- If siblings are going to be part of the session, the best method with siblings is to have them come at the start of the session only. Toddlers especially have a difficult time sitting quietly through a newborn session! Parents find the experience much less stressful when one parent or a friend/grandparent cares for the older child for most of the session and brings them to the studio for their portion only. If you need to bring your older child for the duration of the session, please plan to keep them entertained with snacks, quiet toys, books, etc.!
- I have a waiting area for parents to set up camp during the session. Take this time for yourself and just relax on the couch!
- I do my best to keep the environment of newborn sessions very calm and peaceful. The more relaxed everyone in the room is, the more relaxed the baby will be. For me this means pulling out my baby whispering skills, for parents this means relaxing and letting the photography magic happen!
- Please do not take pictures over my shoulder during the session, except for behind the scenes shots (which I love!).
- Expect my patience and attention to detail to rule the day. I spend the majority of a session perfecting poses, backdrops, fingers, etc. and I believe these little things are what makes the difference between a snapshot and a work of art featuring your baby. So that’s what I'll do!
WHAT TO WEAR | SIBLINGS
- A simple white or grey tee or tank with jeans and bare feet. Please remove their socks and shoes at the start of the session to get them used to it! For little girls please avoid hair accessories unless they are very small and a neutral color.
AFTER THE SESSION
- Your viewing and ordering appointment will take place online or at our studio 1-2 weeks after your session. Here is where you will get to see all of your images for the first time and make all of your image & product selections!
- Have you read all of the above? If not, go do that! If you have, then you’re ready for a great session. My studio is located at - 61 Depot Street Lyndonville, VT 05851 under the black awning that says "BRICK DIAMOND" I am through the middle door, up the stairs first door on the left!